Our teaching philosophy is to provide a warm and nurturing learning environment, focusing on the personal needs of each child. The Children’s Garden school believes the following is essential to the personal and academic development of our students:
- A curriculum designed to encourage each child to experience the world in a very personal, hands-on fashion, through the creative use of art and natural objects
- Frequent opportunities to discuss, evaluate and learn from personal experiences in a group setting
- Inclusion of family and home life as an integrated part of the learning experience
- Encouragement of fantasy, imagination and feelings as rich, important learning resources
- Physical activities designed to develop large and small muscle coordination, through both structured and free play in our large indoor movement room and spacious outdoor play area
The primary goal of the teachers at The Children’s Garden school is to treat each student as an individual, helping each find and express his or her own voice, through development of positive curiosity and a true enthusiasm for learning. Our hundreds of graduates often describe their experience at The Children’s Garden school as instrumental in providing them with confidence and a genuine love of learning. Our graduates have gone on to succeed at fine schools and universities throughout the world.